What would your life look like if you could achieve success and fulfillment? Do we really need to sacrifice our soul to increase our salary? Is it even possible to achieve success and fulfillment? For years in the corporate world, I believed success and fulfillment were mutually exclusive. I believed that the price I had to pay to make it to the top was to sacrifice my soul’s desires and ignore my longing for personal fulfillment.
But, as Chief Soul Officer of my life, I’ve learned that success and fulfillment can co-exist.
In today’s episode, I discuss how I’m rebelling for fulfillment. I explain why I felt success and fulfillment were mutually exclusive throughout my corporate career and how my soulbbatical helped me realize they truly can co-exist. I discuss how I realized we can have both – success and fulfillment – and how we can rewrite the script of success to allow both to co-exist in our lives. I explain my new definition of success and soul-fillment and the difference between a success-FULL career and a success-empty one. I also explain the importance of identifying your requirements for creating a life of joy, a life that’s energizing, and a life that is aligned with your values, purpose, and your soul’s truth.
“It’s really up to us to rewrite the script of success.” – Shelley Paxton
This week on Rebel Souls:
- Why I used to believe feeling unfulfilled was simply the price you pay to climb the corporate ladder and increase your salary
- Envisioning what success and fulfillment could look like in your life
- How success and fulfillment can co-exist
- The difference between ‘success-FULL’ and ‘success-empty’
- The true definition of fulfillment and the importance of identifying your requirements for creating a life of joy
- My personal requirements for creating a life of joy, energy, and soul alignment
- Choosing soul over salary and why I truly believe that one leads to the other
- Where I believe ‘fulfillment’ actually begins
- Getting clear on what ‘soul-fillment’ means for you
- Nobody Told Me! Podcast – Shelley Paxton: … that you can have both success AND fulfillment
- Life in the And Podcast – The Secret to Liberating A Billion Souls: Trust AND Surrender with Shelley Paxton
- A Rebel Leaders Manifesto
- Book: Speak: Love Your Story, Your Audience is Waiting by Sally Lou Oaks Loveman
Liberate Your Soul & Join the Rebelution
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Rebel Souls with your host, Shelley Paxton, the podcast dedicated to helping leaders reject the status quo, liberate their soul, and become a lifelong rebel. If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts to subscribe to the show and leave a review. Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram and share your favorite episodes across social media. And for more great content and information, visit our website and grab your copy of Soulbbatical: A Corporate Rebel’s Guide to Finding Your Best Life.