Our soul is our essence; our unadulterated, fully authentic way of being. It is our deepest truth, values, ideals, and commitments. But all too often, in the hustle and bustle of life and building our careers, we lose sight of who we truly are, what we stand for, and what matters most to us. We begin focusing on what others want us to be and their goals and aspirations for us instead of our own, personal aspirations.
We get disconnected from our souls.
So, how can we reconnect with our soul to become the Chief Soul Officer of our own lives?
Today, I explain what it means to be the Chief Soul Officer of your life. I share my experience while taking a “Soulbbatical” and how my family, friends, and co-workers reacted when I decided to leave my corporate career and reconnect with my soul’s desires. I discuss the most important areas you should consider when beginning your journey as the Chief Soul Officer of your life. I explain why it’s critical to give yourself permission to live in your bigness and the fullness of your most authentic self to achieve the impact you want to create in the world and release yourself from the shackles of “should.” I also explain what it truly means to embrace authenticity, why I believe it is the truest form of rebellion, and why being ‘self-first’ is not the same as being ‘selfish’.
“Authenticity is the truest form of rebellion.” – Shelley Paxton
This week on Rebel Souls:
- What it means to be the Chief Soul Officer of your life
- My Soulbbatical journey and why I took the bold move to leave Harley-Davidson
- The most important starting point of being the Chief Soul Officer of your life
- How to reconnect with your soul, your deepest truths, and your most authentic self
- The importance of nurturing and nourishing your soul
- The importance of giving yourself permission to live in your ‘bigness,’ your expansiveness, and the fullness of your most authentic self
- Releasing the shackles of “should” from your life and truly embracing authenticity
- The difference between ‘self-first’ and ‘selfish’
- The Seat of the Soul by Gary Zukav
- The Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself by Michael Singer
Liberate Your Soul & Join the Rebelution
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Rebel Souls with your host, Shelley Paxton, the podcast dedicated to helping leaders reject the status quo, liberate their soul, and become a lifelong rebel. If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts to subscribe to the show and leave a review. Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram and share your favorite episodes across social media. And for more great content and information, visit our website and grab your copy of Soulbbatical: A Corporate Rebel’s Guide to Finding Your Best Life.