There is a lot I have learned about race, privilege, and social justice during the past month. I had the privilege and honor to talk with Justin Michael Williams in the previous episode, and I have also learned from an amazing woman by the name of Rebekah Borucki. I needed to take some time to process what I have learned about myself in facing my privilege, and what I need to be doing to be anti-racist. Therefore, I wanted to have that conversation and share this moment of vulnerability with you in hopes that it helps promote the change I want to see in the world.
In this episode, I process my thoughts and feelings after learning and listening to very inspirational Persons of Color about race, privilege, and social justice. I take some time to promote Bex Boruki and all the amazing work she is doing. I reflect on whether I am publicly speaking out enough regarding politics and racial justice. I make my declaration to be anti-racist and acknowledge what I am willing to lose to speak the truth.
“If we put someone or something on this willing-to-lose list then and only then will we play full out and risk everything. Because we’re willing to say goodbye if it doesn’t live up to our intentions. If we don’t live up to our intentions.
– Shelley Paxton
This week on Rebel Souls:
- Reflecting on my past episode with Justin Michael Williams
- Who is Rebekah Borucki and why you should follow her
- Letting your audience witness your awakening
- Are we doing enough to speak out on racial justice?
- What are you willing to lose to speak the truth?
- Asking yourself what is serving you and at what cost
- The difference between “modeling it” and “coaching it”
- My commitment to being an anti-racist and acknowledging my privilege
- The term “Manifesting” and how it relates to privilege
- Encouraging everyone to continue the conversation on social justice
- The Divine Feminine Leadership Academy with Abbey Gibb
- Website: Bex Boruki
- Connect with Bex on Instagram
- Book: Do Better
- Book: Dear Ljeawele, or A Feminist Manifesto in Fifteen Suggestions
- TedTalk: We Should All be Feminists
Liberate Your Soul & Join the Rebelution
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Rebel Souls with your host, Shelley Paxton, the podcast dedicated to helping leaders reject the status quo, liberate their soul, and become a lifelong rebel. If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts to subscribe to the show and leave a review. Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram and share your favorite episodes across social media. And for more great content and information, visit our website and grab your copy of Soulbbatical: A Corporate Rebel’s Guide to Finding Your Best Life.