Melody Miles is the founder of Soulcation Coaching & Retreats and author of the upcoming book, Soulcation: Design a Life You Don’t Need a Vacation From. A humanitarian and scientist, Melody was Program Officer at the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and helped launch a global campaign to eradicate malaria. Today, Melody is an emerging millennial leader who helps professionals create the space and freedom they deserve in their lives, guiding them through her Soulcation method.
Melody joins me today to share her definition of freedom and reveal what it takes to design a life where you can breathe and live in the joy of the moment. She underscores the importance of cultivating time and practice to reconnect oneself. She shares the turning point in her life that led to her mission of helping others get started on their Soulcation. She also explores how we can use fear as teachers and guides and discusses every person’s need for both belonging and individuality.
“You can just follow the next yellow arrow. You don’t need it all mapped out or planned. Freedom means surrendering the plan and the checklist.” – Melody Miles
This week on Rebel Souls:
- The human need for belonging and self-expression
- The importance of cultivating practices that bring us joy
- Uncovering the narratives and stories that we wrap around our emotions
- Melody’s Soulcation journey and the places it took her
- The meaning of freedom and the value of living in the happiness of the moment
- Dismantling the narrative of comparative suffering
- How comparative suffering prevents us from healing and moving forward
- The antidote to the problem of self-abandonment and how to design a life of freedom
- Honoring your scary truth and Melody’s 12 Steps to Soulcation
- Why ‘self first’ isn’t selfish and the importance of giving ourselves permission to put ourselves first
- The reason Melody encourages her clients write letters to their older or former selves
- Turning fear into fuel and a powerful guide on how vulnerability fosters profound human connection
- Melody’s morning routine and how she uses the Soulcation principle in her life
- How unconscious thought drives the decisions we make in our lives
- The difference between ripples of impact versus return on investment
- Rewriting the definition of success and rebelling for our connection with ourselves
- The Artist’s Way: A Spiritual Path to Higher Creativity by Julia Cameron
Connect with Melody Miles:
Liberate Your Soul & Join the Rebelution
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Rebel Souls with your host, Shelley Paxton, the podcast dedicated to helping leaders reject the status quo, liberate their soul, and become a lifelong rebel. If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts to subscribe to the show and leave a review. Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram and share your favorite episodes across social media. And for more great content and information, visit our website and grab your copy of Soulbbatical: A Corporate Rebel’s Guide to Finding Your Best Life.