Darius Mirshahzadeh is a dad, husband, twin, brother, and son who was born and raised in California and now lives in Austin Texas. He is a serial entrepreneur, author, conscious capitalist, speaker, and entertainer. Darius’s passion is to make the world a better place using his talents and engagement. He is all about the P’s: Passion, Pizza, Puzzles, and Pink Unicorns. If you’re more into traditionally braggy vanity metrics around success, he was ranked #40 in Inc 500 CEO’s in 2007 with 2500% plus revenue growth in three years of his business at Twin Capital Mortgage. He was ranked #9 in Glassdoor’s Top Ranked CEOs in American for small to medium businesses. Darius has participated in many prestigious programs including Birthing of Giants at MIT and graduated from the world-renowned Stagen Integral Leadership Program. He was a TEDx curator for the TEDx Golden Gate Park in 2011 and 2012 at the De Young Museum in San Francisco. The theme was The Pursuit of Passion.
Darius joins me today to talk about finding his core values and building a life around them. He shares how running a successful business and chasing money never brought him true satisfaction. Darius talks about how he developed his core passions and how they continue to shape his life and work. He shares how even businesses can benefit from having core values in terms of leadership and growth, and how companies that do create values rarely follow them.
“If you treated your product the way you treated your values, how successful would your product be?” – Darius Mirshahzadeh
This week on Rebel Souls:
- Rebelling FOR everyone to live in an intentionally designed life around the fundamental beliefs for themselves or the organization they lead within.
- The definition of core values and how rarely people follow them
- The Stagan Program and the teachings of conscious leadership
- What is the Platinum Rule and how it improves leadership
- Why our core values are based on our own language
- Darius’s 6 core values and why he recommends developing 3-6 values of your own
- Why Businesses develop core values, and how they are overlooked
- How core values relate to growth, decision making, and more for a business
- Creating Sensory experiences around your values
- Why Darius developed The Pursuit of Passion from TEDx
- The Fulfilment Formula
- The significance of the Pink Unicorn
- The Money Source
- Book: Scaling UP by Verne Harnish
- Book: Built to Last, by Jim Collins
- Birthing of Giants Program
- Stagan Integral Leadership Program
- TEDx GoldenGatePark: The Pursuit of Passion
Connect with Darius:
- Darius on Twitter
- Darius on Facebook
- Darius on Instagram
- Darius on Youtube
- Darius on LinkedIn
- Book: The Core Value Equation
- Podcast: The Greatness Machine
Liberate Your Soul & Join the Rebelution
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Rebel Souls with your host, Shelley Paxton, the podcast dedicated to helping leaders reject the status quo, liberate their soul, and become a lifelong rebel. If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts to subscribe to the show and leave a review. Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram and share your favorite episodes across social media. And for more great content and information, visit our website and grab your copy of Soulbbatical: A Corporate Rebel’s Guide to Finding Your Best Life.