Powered by RedCircle
The national best-selling author Christopher Tuff is the Executive Director of Partnerships & Growth at one of the longest established advertising firms in the world, 22Squared, where he nurtures the organization’s relationships with massive clients such as Nike and Home Depot. Chris is a dear friend, inspiration, and guide. After undergoing some deep work and deconstructing his life, Chris realized the power of cultivating genuine connections, an insight he wrote about in his book The Millennial Whisperer: The Practical, Profit-Focused Playbook for Working With and Motivating the World’s Largest Generation.
Chris’s forthcoming book, Save Your Asks, is expected to be released in October 2021.
Chris joins me today to share his soulbbatical, what he learned from it, and how it led him to write The Millennial Whisperer. He discusses the role of sobriety and his choice to become sober in service of his purpose and higher self. He explains what we can learn from Millennials and Gen Z and what it takes to become an empowering leader. He also underscores the importance of cultivating genuine connections, explains what the art of “Shawshanking” is, and highlights what it means to create an impact through people.
“Networking is a slimy word because everyone does it wrong: replace networking with connecting. If you do that, you’ll be the most successful person in your organization.” – Chris Tuff
This week on Rebel Souls:
- Rebelling FOR the thing the new generation craves for the most: genuine connection
- Creating the intersection between passion, purpose, and profession
- The signs that you’ve hit the sweet spot between passion and profession
- Chris’s own soulbbatical and how it led him to write Millennial Whisperer
- The biggest thing Millennials expect from their workplace superiors and bosses
- What it means to ‘stay in your own hula hoop’ and how Chris measures his impact
- How drinking hindered Chris’s growth and the power of cultivating a genuine connection with oneself
- The by-products of success and the tell-tale signs that you’ve become a true thought and innovative leader
- Why Millennials leave their companies and how tradition holds us back from forming genuine connections
- The “Pinterestation” of a generation and how boomers regarded their jobs differently from Millennials
- Bringing genuine connection into the 70-30 rule of working
- The difference between transparency and vulnerability
- What inspirational leadership means and why it gets misinterpreted
- The “Why Wait?” generation and the role of vulnerability and discomfort in growth
- How we need more feminine energy in the leadership of the world
- The art of Shawshank-thinking and how to not be an “ask-hole”
- Millennial Whisperer | Virtual Leadership Style Quiz
- Mindset: The New Psychology of Success by Carlos Dweck
- This Naked Mind: Control Alcohol, Find Freedom, Discover Happiness & Change Your Life by Annie Grace
Connect with Chris Tuff:
- The Millennial Whisperer
- Book: The Millennial Whisperer: The Practical, Profit-Focused Playbook for Working With and Motivating the World’s Largest Generation
- Chris Tuff on LinkedIn
- Chris Tuff on Instagram
- Chris Tuff on Facebook
Liberate Your Soul & Join the Rebelution
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Rebel Souls with your host, Shelley Paxton, the podcast dedicated to helping leaders reject the status quo, liberate their soul, and become a lifelong rebel. If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts to subscribe to the show and leave a review. Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram and share your favorite episodes across social media. And for more great content and information, visit our website and grab your copy of Soulbbatical: A Corporate Rebel’s Guide to Finding Your Best Life.